• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best cheap filter floss?

Sacha

Hi all,

Looking for a cheap but high quality alternative to Juwel bioflow poly pads / filter floss. This is the white pad that sits on the top of the Bioflow filter. I am hoping to buy in bulk and cut down to size. I bought some cheap floss on eBay a while ago but it just fell apart within a week. What brand do people here use & recommend?

Thanks in advance

I used to,use the JBL symec filter wool in the Juwel internal filter. Big bag and it’s still going strong after 2+ years. Pack it in loosely. Works better than the Juwel pads.

I don't use it at all in my filter. I removed it and it had absolutely no impact on water clarity. But removing it has a massive positive impact on water flow through the filter.
I have bought the pond sized pads, best value for money, but for tearing up and plugging holes in aquascapes so the substrate doesn't spill through, not for filtration.

buy mine from dunelm, £5 for 250g bag and has last me over a year in a 140ltr tank and replaced every three weeks. still got enough for at least another two years.

Just a heads up, poly filling for toys/pillows etc in the UK are treated with fire retardant chemicals, yes it is cheap but personally I do not take the risk of those chemicals potentially leaching into my tanks.

Back