• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best co2 regulator

Ararata

Seedling
I have been looking for a co2 regulator for my new co2 system. Many people recommend co2 art but the regulators are very expensive. (£116) cheapest option. What makes co2art so good against other options that are less than half the price?

On ebay you can find some for £25 which appear to have all the same features (solenoid, bubble counter, dual guage), does anyone have experience with these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fish-Tan...862984?hash=item26219f9208:g:AD8AAOSw~epdJte~

I don’t have experience with this one, but you usually get what you pay for. The old saying buy once cry once. Probably not a U.K. saying lol.

I've got a CO2 Art regulator, and one from The Barn.
The major difference is that the CO2 Art ones are meant to be dual stage, and are meant keep a more even pressure when the tank begins to run out. Not that I have noticed this.
I would be happy to trade in my CO2 Art regulator and replace it with a cheaper one. The Barn ones are actually grip screw-in, but they don't seem to leak. You may prefer a hex nut.

Remember that dual stage is different to dual gauge. In practical terms a needle valve and bubble counter negate this advantage.
My experience with cheaper brands has been entirely positive.

Back