• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best curved spring scissors

Aqua360

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good pair of small spring scissors?

Currently using very cheap Fluval ones, but they feel horrible. I realise ADA will be likely the top answer, but I'm keen to hear of other brands in the mix.

Cheers

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good pair of small spring scissors?

Currently using very cheap Fluval ones, but they feel horrible. I realise ADA will be likely the top answer, but I'm keen to hear of other brands in the mix.

Cheers
Have you considered medical/dental scissors? They should be the same thing without the absurd mark up. You can get them very cheap online from places like eBay. They are all stainless and are cheap as chips in case you don’t like em. Now I haven’t got any myself, but that’s just because I use cheap craft scissors, or my nails.

Aside from ADA, I've used JBL Proscape tools for the last few years and they're excellent quality at a decent price, and comfortable to work with. But you can use kitchen scissors if you like, they don't have to be special. Check out Tom Barr trimming his plants at around 12:45.

Last edited:
I am sure that they would be ideal for aquarium plants:
1659948947083.png
< about £5.

Last edited:
Aside from ADA, I've used JBL Proscape tools for the last few years and they're excellent quality at a decent price, and comfortable to work with. But you can use kitchen scissors if you like, they don't have to be special. Check out Tom Barr trimming his plants at around 12:45.

It's more for small nano's, I like the curved spring, it's just that the Fluval ones are a bit uncomfortable to work with, just trying to work out how much difference I'd find with other brands

Back