• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best diffuser placement

marwil

Seedling
HI
Could anyone offer any advise on the best place to place my hydor turbo diffuser along with a korali 1 in my five foot tank. I have 2 external filters so there is an intake and spraybar to either side of the rear.
Cheers
Mark.

Themuleous said:
Put the diffuser below one of the intakes of a filter, it'll diffuse into the water inside the filter, bingo!

good thinking, i don't want to put the dampeners on things, but sometimes that don't always work. I've done it in the past and if your unlucky enough to get a pocket of co2 gas inside the filter which can happen. it don't diffuse.i had a high rate of co2 from the diffuser on one occasion and had the drop checker in the blue :wideyed: i tapped the filter and out came masses of bubbles....co2...non diffused. within a couple of hours we were green again. I'm not saying it does not work as it does, just be careful and check on the odd occasion :D

i now have mine at the opposite end of my outlet. with 1 2028 and 2 x korolia 2 on a 4 footer, co2 is/was getting to every part of the tank.

on my 60cm i have a 2028 so no need for worries there neither. diffuser opposite end to outlet....

Thought that only works on low bubble rate tanks, it can and will cause unstable co2 when using higher bubble rates.

Hey guys.
On my tank currently I am using a diffuser right now but I'm thinking about using the filter in-line method.
I believe George Farmer's East Asia tank uses this method. How can you make sure that the co2 doesn't create pockets of gas in the filter? If it does how can you get it from not creatine pockets and actually dissolving in the water? Also would it be effective if the water, on the way out, creates a lot of water aeration?

Back