• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best Diffuser?

sounds like a good idea re bubble counter (was going to put a non return valve in anyway) just found a bubble counter to go outside tank - just cant bear the thought of taking it apart every time I have to clean it? any bright ideas???
no idea why it blew off - just went thru one of those annoying weeks - plants still growing like crazy tho -even with a bog standard diffuser

Yes BC mine runs on 2 MB[DOUBLEPOST=1397253613][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use this one on my bigger tank straight into my external pressure filter, I get no misting from it at all, or if I do it is not noticeable, I tried it on the outlet first but it made my tank look like it had a thousand disprin dissolving :)
a4yju9az.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
doesnt this fill your filter with CO2? I put my diffuser under the inlet pope and that happend - what stops it this way?

sounds like a good idea re bubble counter (was going to put a non return valve in anyway) just found a bubble counter to go outside tank - just cant bear the thought of taking it apart every time I have to clean it? any bright ideas???
no idea why it blew off - just went thru one of those annoying weeks - plants still growing like crazy tho -even with a bog standard diffuser

Yes BC mine runs on 2 MB[DOUBLEPOST=1397253613][/DOUBLEPOST]
doesnt this fill your filter with CO2? I put my diffuser under the inlet pope and that happend - what stops it this way?
It doesn't have any adverse affect on the filter, it just flows through it and disperses round the whole tank better using the force of the outlet.. Every filter in your tank will be full of co2 if it's been dispersed correctly round the tank.. That's what I have learned anyway :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not if you put it on the filter outlet. Some filters can handle having gas put in their inlet and are good at dissolving it further, whereas others just build up with gas. If in doubt, put it on the outlet and then you will still get misting, but not so bad.
As far as cleaning goes, I have only cleaned mine once in about 3 years. My water is nice and soft though so I don't get any scale buildup, and because it's on the outlet pipe, there's pretty much no dirt in the water to catch in it.

I recently purchased and installed a 55mm Bazooka from CO2 Art. I cannot imagine a diffuser working better than this. The mist it produces is so fine that it looks like smoke, not bubbles. This mist does not just rise to the water surface. Instead, it circulates the tank at all levels. Very impressive.

I recently purchased and installed a 55mm Bazooka from CO2 Art. I cannot imagine a diffuser working better than this. The mist it produces is so fine that it looks like smoke, not bubbles. This mist does not just rise to the water surface. Instead, it circulates the tank at all levels. Very impressive.

They are exceptional at diffusing co2.
Mine mists like smoke too. Better than peoples hi tech 'twinstar' gadgets.

Back