• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best fancy tiger shrimp remineralisation product for RODI water ?

Rivachaz

Hi,

To all the fancy red tiger breeders here, I’m currently setting up a 72 litre tank With tropica aqua soil (buffers to around 6.6–6.8ph)
I have two options to remineralise the Rodi water I have .

Which product would
You rather use/recommend?

Salty shrimp gh+ (Powder)
Or
Qualdrop gh + one (liquid)

Also what products would give the best water parameters for the fancy tigers ?

I find liquid much better, when I used salts I found it hard to be consistent, but maybe that's just me!

What @Aqua360 said. Personally I have no issues with mixing my own from powder (CaSO4/MgSO4) with a microgram scale in a 5 US Gallon containers of RODI water, but it is probably easier with a liquid although its more expensive in the long run (your paying a lot for water!). Main thing that matters to shrimps is the GH (Calcium and Magnesium content to build their exoskeleton) - KH matters very little. I keep my own shrimp tank (various species) at ~5.5 GH and near zero (<1) KH. And a pH around 6.5-6.7. It's very easy to dial in the pH at low KH with botanicals such as almond leaves - very beneficial. Don't use chemicals to adjust pH.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Back