• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

best fish food for cpd's / shrimp

James Flexton

hi all,

quick question. once my tank is up and running properly ill be adding cpd's and shrimp.

ive always fed tetra foods tetramin pro color and tetramin pro algae (on alternate days)

not that i expect it matters much but are there any better foods i should be using?

also what do shrimp need, i know there are numerous shrimp foods out there but whats the best that you guys have used. i dont want lots of leftovers in the tank so need something they will gobble up and lick the bowl so to speak..

My Danio erythromicron, endler and Shrimp get fed on Hikari Algae pellets which I put into a pepper grinder. Feeding consists of a couple of twists on the water surface. The endler grab it from the surface, the danio snatch it up while it's falling down and the shrimp get the rest. Shrimp and snails get a slice of whatever colour pepper I have in the fridge once or twice a week.

thanks chaps, some good options there. i took a glance over the food in the LFS and there is literally a whole aisle of it. i cant mess about with brine shrimp its an office tank and dont have time for all that palava. but i agree would be a good option if i had the time and suitable space.

thanks for thinning down the options

Back