• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best for 70 gallon planted tank diffuser or reactor

Puntius

Good day all

I have got a 70 gallon 4 foot tank, decently planted I have been using a glass diffuser with good success but with my previous tank I used a inline reactor. Which of the 2 is better. I am thinking of building myself a co2 reactor which are the best recent setups to use lately. For flow I have got a dophin c1600 which does 600 gallons per hour, a 520 gallon per hour wavemaker and 210 galllon per hour internal filter my diffuser is underneath this internal filter... I get decent flow in my tank..... I get a very close to 1 ph drop with current diffuser. With my previous setups I had better co2 diffusion where I had a monster reactor...

Please advise.....

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20181017202145804.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20181017202145804.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 144
A DIY reactor can be made oversize and can be very efficient. If you already get the 1 point drop, you don't 'need' it, but the diffuser will need maintenance to keep functioning. On the other hand there is evidence micro bubbles adhearing to the plants can make CO2 takeup more efficient fort the plants. So pros and cons:confused:
For my 400 gallon i had to make a DIY reactor.

Back