• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best place to buy C02

Nathanh2150

Hi everyone.
Im new to looking into c02 fire extinguishers and would like some help in what to buy also what regulators I would need to attach to the fire extinguisher I have been looking at this attachment photo is attached. Any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• C4B1DCBD-C346-4FDF-B0AD-5549445F63F5.jpeg
    C4B1DCBD-C346-4FDF-B0AD-5549445F63F5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 223
Not sure on the ista regulator but I can vouch for the co2 art ones. As long as its dual stage (to prevent end of tank dumps), co2 art do a very good starter pack with everything you need except the FE.
FEs can be picked up locally by some people, others have to buy them new I believe. The co2 art kit will last a long time.

Hi SRP3006,
Thanks for commenting on my enquiry is this the one that you are talking about ? As this is all new to me :) also would this fit on all co2 canisters also fire co2 canister?

Attachments

• 53E78843-9215-4ED2-A331-7765495900B9.jpeg
    53E78843-9215-4ED2-A331-7765495900B9.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 166
Yes that's the one, the guys at Aquarium Gardens also sell all the kit you require and would be more than happy to point you in the right direction with honest genuine advice.

Have a look at their website, or give them a call.
I still have 2 of those regulators by co2 art, one must be 7 or 8 years old now without any problems.

Sam.

also would this fit on all co2 canisters also fire co2 canister?

Different connections. You just want the standard which is (don't quote me) I think din477...... Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's only 2 anyway, soda stream or the 'standard' size.

I shall give co2 art a call tomorrow to see what they say about the system that I would need for my set up I do appreciate all the help and advice as this is new to me

I once found a guy who worked for a fire safety company who'd give me out of date fire extinguishers for 3 quid each, but I found it was a pain to have to mess about making sure I didn't run out and disposing of the empties etc.

So now I have 2 canisters, one to run while I get the other refilled at a local welding supply shop. They are stockists of Adams Gas. You can search for local suppliers to you in this link https://www.adamsgas.co.uk/stockists/.

Exact same fittings as a fire extinguisher.

I just like knowing I can go and get more when I need and I know the cost. You have to pay a deposit on the canister, but the actual gas, I think, is reasonably priced...

This is from my local guys website. (There are bigger options available too.)

CO2 1.5 KG
Deposit £25.00
Refill £12.79 + VAT
Total £40.35 (Inc VAT)

CO2 1.5 KG
Refill Only
£12.79 + VAT
Total £15.35 (Inc. VAT)

Good luck.
Cheers

Back