• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best position for a koralia in a jewel tank?

AdAndrews

Hi guys, any of you who have a jewel tank will know, its the filter top right(looking at it from the top) and then the flow coming towards the left side of the tank.

I have a rekord 60, and want to know, where you guys think it would be best to position the koralia nano powerhead?

I did think right in front of the filter, but would that stop things getting taken into the inlet as well, because the powerhead would carry the flow off?

Ideas please :crazy:

cheers.

Adam

I'd position it at the opposite side to where you were thinking - at the front of the tank, towards the top, on the left hand side. That way it joins better with the outflow from the filter coming along the back, blowing back towards the inlet of the filter.
I've had it positioned next to the inlet on the right and it tends to block up with debris, leaves, moss etc which seem to stick to the koralia rather than being taken into the filter.

Very similar to what gratts suggested, but I positioned mine at the back on the opposite pointing towards the middle-bottom of the front glass. This meant it was a bit more out of the way and produced a downward current towards the carpeting plants I had at the front while still matching in with the general circular current the filter produces. I think it will vary slightly from tank to tank depending on the hardscape and plant mass you have in the tank so be prepared to experiment a bit.

Back