• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best shoaling fish?

Manrock

I'm due to restock my 170 litre tank and I'm looking for an active, attractive, shoaling fish. I have the remnants (12 left of 25) of an ageing shoal (+5 years) of Cardinals but have to say that I have been very disappointed with them. They are a beautiful fish but spend most of their time hidden from view amongst the foliage. When they do venture out they don't move about much either. I used to have a large shoal of Black Neons and they were always on the go and stayed very tight together. I'm thinking of getting 25 of these but wondered if I was overlooking another species? They must be shrimp friendly too!

Cheers

Cheers George - I'll have a look at the Rummynose, never thought of them before.
Most fish will stop shoaling tightly once they realise there's no threat from predation.
I do keep a SAE in the tank so hopefully his size would keep them on their toes.

for me it has to be copper harlequins, then ember tetras (when they're in the mood)

They kind of have a get together an hour or so before lights out, generally they mess about in twos and threes. Whats cool is a mix of harlequins, ruby tetras and ember tetras they shoal together in an eclectic orangey red mix

Back