• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best shops for aquatic plants in london?

PaulP

I'm based in west London but don't mind travelling anywhere around London. Been to many MA's around the west of London, plant selection was never great. also looking to get rocks/stone. I've been to ADC but at the time new to the hobby and wasn't looking for plants. or is it best to order from on line? the green machine has popped up alot in this forum so have been looking in to it. but as im new I would like to actually go and see the plants as I don't know what im looking for. as for rocks/stones, can i get any kind of rocks/stones from garden shops? a local shop sells for cheap but are meant for outdoors, will they be ok in a fish tank? any ideas?

For plants I usually ask the shops what days their deliveries come in and go and have a look then. I don't bother looking after a busy weekend as there is not usually much left.

There are lots of lfs near me (I live near Heathrow) but not many with a good plants. If its not too far for you MA at Weybridge is good for plants and will also order any in for you within a week. They usually get orders in late on a Thursday but its good to check beforehand. I think though, just make friends with your best lfs and tell them what you are interested in. I'm sure they will help and have access to they same supplies.

if you are able to visit the green machine I would hugely recommend it. Remember to take plenty of money.

howanic said:
For plants I usually ask the shops what days their deliveries come in and go and have a look then. I don't bother looking after a busy weekend as there is not usually much left.

There are lots of lfs near me (I live near Heathrow) but not many with a good plants. If its not too far for you MA at Weybridge is good for plants and will also order any in for you within a week. They usually get orders in late on a Thursday but its good to check beforehand. I think though, just make friends with your best lfs and tell them what you are interested in. I'm sure they will help and have access to they same supplies.

if you are able to visit the green machine I would hugely recommend it. Remember to take plenty of money.

hi howanic, have you been to waterlife? just next to heathrow? and i know theres another.. i think its funky fish on sipson lane? have you been to either? know if any good?

well my lfs is no good at all.. if anything wembley MA is my local even though its 45mins away but the only decent 1 around me. or another 45mins the other way is osterly MA and syon park. but by the looks of things seem to be leaning towards ordering online.

The best aquatic plants outfit in London that I have been to is Living Waters Croydon. They have uber quality as their man Darren is incredible growing all kinds of plants, an their stuff is uber rare, as Darren has direct contacts with exporters. Prices are excellent too. Check em out here; http://www.livingwatersonline.co.uk/

frothhelmet said:
The best aquatic plants outfit in London that I have been to is Living Waters Croydon. They have uber quality as their man Darren is incredible growing all kinds of plants, an their stuff is uber rare, as Darren has direct contacts with exporters. Prices are excellent too. Check em out here; http://www.livingwatersonline.co.uk/

I second that :thumbup:

Antipofish said:
frothhelmet said:

I second that :thumbup:

Third that. Exceptional range and quality.

If you can't get down there then ADC is also good. More mainstream as primarily Tropica which tends to arrive on a Thursday afternoon (just nabbed some stuff today) but Greg knows his stuff.

Have you been to Wholesale tropics in Bethnal green, firstly they have an outstanding selection of fish, loads to choose from, and the customer service is great, amazingly friendly. secondly when I went the other day they had a decent selection of plants, much more than the ADC. Definatly worth checking out if your over in the shoreditch area ever.

rolexbene said:
Have you been to Wholesale tropics in Bethnal green, firstly they have an outstanding selection of fish, loads to choose from, and the customer service is great, amazingly friendly. secondly when I went the other day they had a decent selection of plants, much more than the ADC. Definatly worth checking out if your over in the shoreditch area ever.

I live near the place. They are incredible. The selection of fish is mind boggling. Def. must visit!

Wholesale Tropical is awesome. Been the only place I would go for my fish, but never really bought plants.

Aquatic Design Centre I think in Portland St in West Central is pretty good. Only popped into see. Impressive place that. Worth the visit.

Back