• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best time to dose?

EA James

Afternoon all
I’m just wondering if there is a ‘best’ time to add my TNC complete?
It’s usually a couple of hours after the lights come on but since I’m not at work now is there a better option?
Thank you

In a low tech tank it makes no difference as the pH of the water is fairly constant.

In a high tech tank it is best done when lights come on for Iron (Fe), most ferts have Fe EDTA
Fe availability for plants to uptake varies with the pH which is also dependant on which source of Fe ( EDTA, DPTA or EDDHA) you are dosing. So when tank is at its lowest pH the Fe is more available to the plants to uptake, this is esp true if you have hard or very hard water
upload_2020-4-14_8-38-3.png

@Zeus. Ok thank you for your reply although that’s a bit to technical for me to understand!!
It’s a low tech tank but I do have moderately hard water at 12doh, so should I just add it when lights come on?

so should I just add it when lights come on?

As good a time as any and tank will have its lowest pH then esp a low tech tank, pH not much lower that after lights off but it all helps :D

Back