• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best Way To Attach Anubias To Driftwood?

Kristoph91

I picked up an Anubias today, I think its Anubias Nana - and I want to attach it to some driftwood.
Whats the best way to do this?
What part of the plant should I attach to the driftwood?
Should I use cotton thread or fishing line?
It comes in a pot, with lots of thread roots - should i remove them from the rockwool carefully or just tear them out and remove them?

Thanks guys,
Kris.

You take the plant out the pot & remove any media then you can tie or attach the root part to your wood.
Cotton is good, elastic bands are easy, super glue works but not quite so easy.
I am not keen on fishing line as it never rots away, my absolute favourite method is elasticated cotton, available from any fishing tackle shop.

Hi Kris

I some times use a 2/3 lb fishing line as its hardly visible for hidden stuff also for stuff on close display consider using a carp braid as these a designed to camo against different water conditions and available in variety of colors and blended colours if you tying to wood then a nice brown camo braid would look like roots wrapping around and would not look out of place

9909-1006111005201682598705.jpg

Hi guys,
Thanks for the replies! :) I used brown cotton thread in the end, found it in the household sewing box :lol:
That Carp Braid is a good idea, I can see how it would look like roots.

Thanks again,
Kris.

Back