• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best way to keep Crypts low?

As Keith says :D

though many crypts will grow taller, depending upon conditions (including lower light and good nutrients, if both light and nutrients are low, I find Tropica’s C beckettii ‘Petchii’ and C wendtii ‘green’ remain quite small)

You can plant your crypts in pots instead of directly in the substrate, this will make their root system tightened up and smaller and it will slow down their growth - but it will also make them weaker, crypts have large roots for a reason. @Keith GH advice is definitely the best option.

Constantly trim your crypt. It will stay low.

^^ This!

I have to regularly trim the largest leaves on my crypts to keep the scale smaller. This worked very well on my two Becketti Petchii, which have kept leaves fairly small. My Wendtii Green on the other hand needs constant regular removal of leaves as they get larger, so only the younger smaller leaves remain.

Krish

That is easy only buy low growing Crypts.

Keith:wave::greenfinger:

Haha very good point, I will keep that in mind!

As Keith says :D

though many crypts will grow taller, depending upon conditions (including lower light and good nutrients, if both light and nutrients are low, I find Tropica’s C beckettii ‘Petchii’ and C wendtii ‘green’ remain quite small)

Perfect I just ordered some Becketii and Wedndtii.

Constantly trim your scrypt. It will stay low.

Thank you for the advice!

Best way to keep Crypts low is to have bright light. Under low light, they reach upwards towards the light but under bright light the leaves open out and lay much flatter.

Back