• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! Best way to view forum on mobile?

Radiant

Hi,
what’s the best way to view the forum in mobile? Just the browser or is there an app? I’ve heard of tapatalk before, but hesitant to try it as someone said there were lots of ads unless you pay for it.
Thanks.

I use tapatalk. As it keeps most of my forums in one place. I am not a fan of the mobile version of forum software.
I paid for the pro version of tapatalk years ago and it has not ad’s. Either on forums or in the app itself. So good all around.

The forum software is responsive and will adapt to any size screen, so if you use your normal web browser on the phone/tablet it works perfectly, I stopped using Tapatalk when the forum software became responsive.

Two slight frustrations with Tapatalk in my brief experience:
- when composing a reply you cannot see the rest of the thread. You can on a mobile browser.
- it limits photo upload sizes, on the free version

From a purely visual perspective, viewing the forum from a mobile phone browser is at least as good as tapatalk

On the plus side Tapatalk can give you notifications, if you like that sort of thing.

seems fine on ecosia, only issue I get is if I then use safari etc on comp it seems to forget what you have looked at. well it makes things as read, but any new posts it sticks you some where on the page, normally a good few posts back.

not sure if that’s fixed with the latest update, but its an inconvenience as opposed to a deal breaker, as its very handy being able to upload on the fly

only issue I get is if I then use safari etc on comp it seems to forget what you have looked at.
Just click on history on the menu and you can see all the posts you have looked at recently, it will also make bold any that has new replies!

history.JPG

Hope that helps ;)

thanks dragon, im not sure if its a cookie thing, using multiple browsers or what, but if I go back onto a post that shows in bold, it will more often than not take me to some where in the thread I have already read. fine on the slow threads as its a line or two up, but the busy threads it can be way back in the timeline,

but if I go back onto a post that shows in bold, it will more often than not take me to some where in the thread I have already read.
If that happens, at the top right above the first post, there is a button called jump to new:

jump-new.JPG

If you click on that it will take you to the first unread post in the thread.

I also use Tapatalk when on my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've started using the "app version", takes some getting use to considering previous access through the browser.
Only use the App version here :) last time I used Tapatalk was about 4-5 years ago! lol

Only use the App version here :) last time I used Tapatalk was about 4-5 years ago! lol
What is this app version and where can I find it for my phone? Had a look but can't seem to find one. Tapatalk can be slightly unresponsive at times.

What is this app version and where can I find it for my phone? Had a look but can't seem to find one. Tapatalk can be slightly unresponsive at times.

Works great on Android, not for iPhone

Works great on Android, not for iPhone
Good job I have a proper phone then
Thanks all done.

Back