• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Betta Simplex

Hooky

I am looking for some advise on keeping Betta Simplex ideally I would like to convert my community tank into a breeding project for Betta Simplex. I would rehoming most of the fish but would like to keep my chocolate gourami and hengeli rasboras if at all possible. From the brief research I have done so far my local tap water should be fine as these are one of the wild species that do not require blackwater conditions. my tank is already heavily planted and has plenty of wood and coco huts.

The other issue I have is sourcing the fish I have already asked in two local LFS and both are unable to help with any wild betta species and weren't able to suggest a local breed that may be able to help. Is there anybody on UKAPS that has a particular interest in wild betta that might be able to help?

thanks in advance

Matt

Can't help but noticed Chen's Bettas on Facebook have just received some wilds and will be on sale next week

Can't help but noticed Chen's Bettas on Facebook have just received some wilds and will be on sale next week

Thanks , do you have a link I have just searched on their page but couldn't see anything about Wild's

Thanks , do you have a link I have just searched on their page but couldn't see anything about Wild's
Ah yes, there is a closed group behind the page....
You need to ask to be made a member of the group (you need to be a member to buy) I can't share link as it is to the private group. Tis linked from the Chen's Bettas page but I think it is https://facebook.com/groups/1590181061262695 (can't copy and paste on phone)

I have spoken to Chen's and unfortunately doesn't have any simplex.

You should join chens, just got one from them 2 weeks ago. You can put a request in pic and colour/tail type. No sure if this relates to the betta your after but worth a look

I have spoken to Chen's and unfortunately doesn't have any simplex.
I have just dropped some simplex juvies off at Colin Dunlop's Fish hut so I'd ping him a message if I were you. I've kept mine in with chocos and they bred happily in the same water ie ph 5.5 -6. In fact they have bred happily in any tank I've kept them in. Our tap water is soft with a tds around 60.
Lovely fish to keep.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have just dropped some simplex juvies off at Colin Dunlop's Fish hut so I'd ping him a message if I were you. I've kept mine in with chocos and they bred happily in the same water ie ph 5.5 -6. In fact they have bred happily in any tank I've kept them in. Our tap water is soft with a tds around 60.
Lovely fish to keep.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks Lindy - I did comment on one of your posts on the Fish Hut the other day but never got a response from Colin. I will try message him.

thanks again for all your help

Back