• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Betta with fin rot

So last week I treated my Betta for fin rot, all seemed to be improving, the milky white/red colour has completely gone and his dorsal fin looks much better. But, now there's milky white parts on his tail. Is this a sign of it coming back? Should I dose again, it's been 7 days?

Worried in Middlesex

Have you investigated why he got fin rot to begin with? If the fin rot was the result of an underlying problem that hasn't been sorted it might explain why it appears to be coming back. Sorry, no help on whether or not to dose again :(

Viv

Viv said:
Have you investigated why he got fin rot to begin with? If the fin rot was the result of an underlying problem that hasn't been sorted it might explain why it appears to be coming back. Sorry, no help on whether or not to dose again :(

Viv

Well, I think I have. Dodgy water in a batch of daphnia.

No recent Ph rises in tap water, temp has remained the same, filters cleaned, parameters all good, nitrates rarely get over 10ppm. He's been making bubble nests constantly which suggest to me he can't be doing too badly?

Gill,

The milky white is on his tail and extends from the base to the tip in a straight line, rather than the edges. His tail hasn't been affected otherwise.

Morgan Freeman said:
Gill,

The milky white is on his tail and extends from the base to the tip in a straight line, rather than the edges. His tail hasn't been affected otherwise.

tht might be the damage line for the fin rot, a pic would be better

Shame to hear. Pictures would do a lot of good though.

More info on the tank would help aswell. General living conditions.

23l, 200lph internal, 27c, 7.5ph, fully planted, 50% Wc a week, dosing with easy carbo 1ml every two days and micro/macro ferts 5ml each a week.

Will get pics.

Sounds like your giving him perfect home there mate :)
Just a general question, where did you get him? I'm a biiiig betta fan

I had a beaten up Oscar i rescued and he had that milky White fin edge on parts that had recovered but never got the cOlour back, so unless it looks tatty could just be like that.

From MA in Iver.

The dorsal looks a hundred times better, plus the colour has come back. This tail has just thrown me! He's still feeding well, active and building bubble nests. I guess I'll just keep up with the regime and keep an eye on him.

Back