• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Betta_246S Low-Tech Planted Shrimp Tank Pico

betta_246

Seedling
I have decided to try aqua-scaping (after failing miserably on the community and betta tank)
2 tanks just aren't enough, whilst you have a 3rd spare, and so the journal begins! :)

Tank Size: Small 10l Bow-Front Acrylic Tank
Lighting: Waterhome 3 - Compact 9W Fluorescent (hood removed due to clip-on light)
Filter: Sponge filter run by a Tetra-Tec air pump
Heating: none atm
Substrate: 0.5" 100% Clay Cat Litter capped Sand then with smashed Slate Tile
Fertilisers: Atm root tabs and Cat Litter, will research shrimp safe plant ferts
Plants: Green Cabomba, Hemianthus callitrichoides, Anubias Barteri, Java Moss, Java Fern, Moss Ball
Invertebrates: Red Cherry Shrimp (hopefully here soon)

10L Tank (with Cat litter) (needs to be cleaned:-
SDC12927.jpg

Slate Tiles:-
SDC12928.jpg

Will add updates as i go along, waiting for the light, plants and shrimp to arrive.

looks you have some cleaning to do.

Also as far as my experience reached with cat litter your GH, KH and PH levels will go sky high, if you want to keep shrimps proper you should go for a max PH level of 7 / 7.5. so maybe consider this.

Hiep hoi

Maurits

Yep, i have a sponge filter which has been running in my main tank for over a month now. It should be cycled by now.
I will be doing daily water changes so i hope the Ph stays within range.

My shrimp have not arrived yet, when they do arrive i will put them in the main tank then introduce them into the shrimp tank 1 by 1.

Back