• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BGA underneath substrate

tiger15

I have a couple planted bowls hanged by the window. Because of the bowl shape, I am able to peek underneath and took pics of the substrate which is coated with multi color algae. Is it BGA? Since I have none above the substrate, I have nothing to be concerned with but want to confirm it is BGA. It may even be helpful by fixing nitrogen for the benefit of my plants.

Attachments

• IMG_9189.JPG
    IMG_9189.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 275
  • IMG_9190.JPG
    IMG_9190.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_9191.JPG
    IMG_9191.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_9193.JPG
    IMG_9193.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 117
I have some BGA in my substrate which comes and goes, tank is over 3yrs old, I don't worry about it and clean it off if I can and leave it if I can't, rest of tank if fine. Have all types of algae here and there in patches, but nothing major.

The pics don’t show well. It’s patches of light green, dark green, red and purple algae. Is it reasonable assumption that they are BGA.

I have some BGA underneath my soil as well, if it grows too large I dose some easycarbo onto it and then its gone again for months. Dont worry too much about it :)

Back