• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Big coloured shrimp

idris

The bigger shrimp I've seen, Amano and Bamboo, aren't particularly decorative in terms of colour.
Are there any brighter colour morphs of larger shrimp, or are the colours restricted to the smaller species?

I've got Sakura shrimp that have deep red colour and are relatively large in size

Sakura_shrimp__03888_zoom.jpg

Not mine, just to give you an idea.

From what I've read, Sakura's just seem to be Cherry shrimp.
Even the adult Cherrys I've seen are far smaller than my Amanos - at lease 50% smaller, if not more.

What size are your Sakuras?

idris said:
Even the adult Cherrys I've seen are far smaller than my Amanos - at lease 50% smaller, if not more.

I think they're very closely related to cherries, but the colour & size difference is really noticeable. The females roughly about the same size as an Amano I reckon.

johnski said:
idris said:

I think they're very closely related to cherries, but the colour & size difference is really noticeable. The females roughly about the same size as an Amano I reckon.
They are cherries. Just selectively bred for stronger colour.

My Choco's are about twice the size of normal cherrys

see here

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22790&start=10

i would imagine that Sakura's are the red version of the choco's i have.

No where near the size of a bamboo shrimp but close to a Amano

Female cherries/sakuras can get up to the size of small male amanos but takes them quite a while to get that big. Caridina baubalti (sp.) tend to look pretty big, come in green and blue varieties, colour can be a bit weak though.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Back