• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Big Tank Lighting

BoneyT

Hi, like everyone else I am trying to get some advice/recommendations of adequate lighting for my tank.

My tank can be found here https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/welcome-to-the-jungle.59857/

And its fair to say since that picture was taken, plants havent faired well, I have struggled with filtration flow and co2 levels not being high enough but have managed to get those issues sorted

You can see at the front of the tank there are 3 sets of easy grow carpet plants, the Hemianthus Callitrichoides and the Monte Carlo didnt carpet out at all, they grew a little but hardly expanded
The Echinodorous Ozelot Red grew unhealthily and as you can see the Lobelia Cardinalis have lost all there underside colour

Thats not to say things dont grow in the tank, my swords, bacopas, Sessiflora's and 53b do very well...

When I have pruned the Limnophila Hippuridoides I cut the top 6 inches off and replanted, they re grew with massive long stalks and no flowers until the last 6 - 8 inches
Replanting of the pogostemon eructus didnt work out at all as none survived replanting using the same method as above.

I believe these issues are caused by insuffucent light penetration after 8 - 10 inches, doesn anyone have a similar size tank that could share methods on what they use?

Thanks for reading!

@PARAGUAY Yes, using EI daily I started off at 50ML a day increasing to 80 over a period of 4 months

Back