• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bio Manipulation

That is interesting. Similar to an article in NatGeo on how Wolves in Yellowstone can affect the course of a river by scaring the deer.

Pike are amazing fish, perfect predators. Surprising where they can survive and thrive. I’ve seen some beasts in canals that are murky with no plants and only a meter deep at the deepest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if it will work.
It likely will, tho on a large scale it will require some effort and time.. :)

A lak of biodiversity in micro-organisme is usualy cause number one (green water) algae problem in smaller garden ponds if and after the fish are introduced. To much fish per volume that feed off micro-organisme, than its all eaten before they can reproduce. With no fish even a unplanted waterbody can stay perfectly clear, tho at one point the higher order of algae sp. willl establish and thrive. Than fish can be a help again.. The thing is find that healthy balance..

Very difficult in small volumes especialy in the pond and aquarium hobby stocking formula. I'm not sure but i dare to place a bet, 10 fish on 1000 litre might already be far, over twice, to much and it will disrupt this balance. I don't believe a natural water excists with a ratio of 5 fish per m³.

I’ve seen mountain lakes that probably only have a handful of trout or char in the whole lake but are crystal clear! So little food available the fish numbers follow the food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back