• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bio master thermo leaking

Bolota

Hi,
My bio master was off for sometime, and after rescaping my tank it started leaking. I can't diagnose the leak properly, but it comes from the lateral blue clips.
The lock/unlock switch of the taps always worked badly (always had to force it strongly to open). I contacted the vendor who told me I should lubricate the seals. I wonder if anyone experienced that?
What have you used to lubricate?

In my opinion, the bio master thermo is a good idea (integrating pre-filter and thermometer in one divide) but still badly engineered. It is noisy and the cleaning of the pre-filter still messy and not practical.
Meanwhile I returned to my old Eheim...
Cheers.

I’ve noticed that seals on some filters are of a specific non round profile so a simple O ring won’t work. This means OEM spare parts only I suspect. This is why I liked the old Eheim Classics, apart from the noise on the last one I bought.

Hi Everyone,

It's also advisable to check that things like Vaseline (petroleum jelly) are compatible with the gasket material. There are quite a few sites that provide this information.

JPC
How do you know what the O rings are made of? There’s no mention of it in the manual for my TetraTec EX600, it doesn’t even mention any lubricant.
93B991C9-EAB6-47EF-91DB-20D40109B055.jpeg

Edit: According to this probably the safest thing to use is Silicone:

Last edited:
Back