• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bird pics

John Starkey

Hi all,i went to slimbridge wetlands centre yesterday,these are my first attempt at birding photography,the main thing i learnt from the day was the zoom lens i have doesnt have enough reach,anyway these are some of the better ones,straight off the camera,
regards john.
IMG_3758.jpg

IMG_3522.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3885.jpg

IMG_3845.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg

Thanks for looking.

TDI-line said:
Very disappointing John, not the kind of birds i wanted to see. ;)

Merry xmas. :wave:
you need binoculars for that mate :lol:

still very clean and crisp looking pics mate. i would love to have the equipment to get shots like that.

Word up John, love your work.

For me the best picture is of the two ( Gray lag? ) Geese coming in to land. Its the best exposed and best composed. If you play with levels (cmd key and L ) you will bring things out a little better. Also, play with saturation, that will bring the blue out.
The last shot of the gull is a good capture, shame about the busy background.

Good stuff John.

Thanks for the comments guys,George it was the sigma 70-300mm,considering it has no IS and i was panning i was quite pleased with the results,one of the guys who was with us is a wildlife pro tog,he was using a £6000 lens :crazy: ,i may upgrade to a sigma 150 - 500mm lens in the new year,i cant afford L glass out of my league i am afraid,
regards john.

Wow, I love the photo of the duck that you uploaded on Flickr on the 31st of December, its fab =]

Back