• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bit embarrassed!!

Mike Hughes

Hi all

Due to my naivety when it comes to good looking plants, i bought this little fella at a shop in Farnborough the other day. I saw it and thought, wow I must have it.

Upon doing some research on what it was..turns out a few people get caught out like me... i.e. its not even an aquatic plant.

Shame as I really like it.

Think its called fittonia albivenis, with red veins.

Now, I hate to be made a fool of, but the trip there is a 2 hour round trip if I were to take it back and kick up a fuss. But in reality, I'll probably just see how it fairs..

So my question...Is there much point in keeping it? Or will it eventually just die and cause me problems in the tank.

20140330_163951-1.jpg

Also, is the red plant in my tank even an aquatic one? It seems to be growing well.
20140330_163944-1.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1396291162][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry for bad quality pics, was taken on my phone.

and excuse the hairgrass, i just took out a larger stone that I didn't like for a smaller one :) So need to re-plant some hairgrass around it

Lynchwood Aquatics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Should I not bother in future lol.

Might turn it into a wabi kusa? No idea how to do it. To my un trained eye just looks like a small bowl with plants and a bi of water in it...[DOUBLEPOST=1396294409][/DOUBLEPOST]
it will die within 2-8 weeks.

would almost say, put it in a pot with some garden soil, place it for one of your windows and enjoy this lovely fellow

Will do! It even looks out of place in the tank lol.

Your "other red plant" is Alternanthera.........and it's aguatic, yes :thumbup:

Back