• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Black cube 123

Edvet

154287994.kIg5g6FB.jpg
I started a black water cube, as part of a learning proces.

It's filled with RO water only, it has had some peat in it (granules in a bag) to darken it.
Catappa leaves will be added. It has a small 3000k Ledunit (dutch link:JMB Aqua Led - "AMAZON" | Aquarium LED verlichting | JMB Cichlids).
The whole right and backside is made from one big black 5 cm thick piece of filterfoam. in the corner behind it is a small nanofilter (200 lit/hr) which has a small finer filter foam cartridge. So the whole black filter functions as a Hamburger matten filter. This way i hope i can leave it in, without disturbing it, for a long time. I have cut out some horizontal channels in the sides wich are flat on the glass in order to have a bigger piece of the foam involved in the filter. I will try to get some Microsorum pteropis stuck in it, and/or some moss.
There is a RO unit next to it so i can leave the unit running a few hours a day.
I will be trying some "wild" betta's in it, seeing if i can breed them.

I am still wondering about the light levels. the led produces app 850 lumen. It looks dark to the eye. It might be enough for mosses/javafern, but there is going to be an black water crypt.
I can easily add a second unit (probably will).

Back