• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Black cube 123

Hi all,
Betta albimarginata in steaf of macrostoma
It is B. albimarginata (rather than B. macrostoma). I think albimarginata is a lot nicer, but it is lot smaller and cheaper to buy.

Betta channoides would be the other similar Betta sp., but it doesn't have a broad white stripe on the dorsal fin <Betta albimarginata>.

cheers Darrel

Nah they where reasonable. Wel it's a learning curve anyways, so i don't mind, yet. I'll ask the LFS where they came from, i forgot to ask that.
i thought they might be young ones, but albimarginata sounds more likely.

Just one more nub question: with how little light moss and javafern can still grow? There are 8 100 lumen producing leds over the tank atm, and it's teacolored water. I't looks very little to the eye, but can be fooling i know.

Mr and Missusses

Mr
154374014.5psf95nx.jpg

Attachments

• 154374014.5psf95nx.jpg
    154374014.5psf95nx.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 135
Hi all,
Mr and Missusses
Just gorgeous, little fish that you never see.Perfect for me, I want some.

The only problem is combined with all the plants I want to buy from your Terminalia thread
and a range of Tom's photo's <A few recent landscapes | UK Aquatic Plant Society> I'm going to be skint, and then homeless when my wife finds out.

cheers Darrel

Bad news, Mister was hanging upside down in the javafern, not moving and i could clearly see a big patch of fungus on his side.
Took him out, he was barely breathing, so i think he will be gone soon.
They came from an LFS a week ago, the rest of the fish are doing fine, so probably just an incident.
I know i can get another male in a few weeks probably.

So sorry to hear the bad news. This is a fabulous little set up, don't give up.
All the best from Bill. :D

Added some Sundadanio axelrodi, they stay at the toplevel of the tank nicely.
I started microworms cultures (and feed those once a day) and added Lumbriculus to the tank, Betta's seem to like those:).

This is lovely. Never been a huge fan of blackwater but it looks fantastic in this cube. Love the bettas too, I have had the one in my profile picture for about 3 years but really wish I had discovered his natural looking counterparts first.

Back