• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Black cube 123

Oh, didn't realise they were meant to have a filament on the tail. Must have missed that when reading the paros project page.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Interesting to see how your Paros turn out Ed, if they are sumatranus you should start seeing quite a strong red band in the tail and a short filament too.

Cheers

Yeah i am guessing they are a bit young yet. They are getting Daphnia and freshly hatched artemia . I put some Lumbriculus in the tank regularly and i don't seem to find those back.
Next week i will order Hyalella and Moina.

My Paros dont like daphnia atall, think they're a bit too crunchy! Wish we could get Moina over here. Mine do love walter worms and grindal worms though

Just looked up Bintan and I'd say thats what I have as the one I think to be male has very dark fins. I'm sure he can darken his stripes when he's chasing one of the others too. Mine are taking micro, banana and grindal worm.

How are your paros getting on? I've been watching mine argue all day and they have a footprint of 60x80 cm to occupy so wondered how yours were in a much smaller tank.

Doing good. For breeding they actually advise 20/25 lit for a pair. It doesn't feel like they lack space (4 in app 45 lit water, 35 lit swimspace). People breed them in a small as 5 lit. I even changed the small internal pump, which drives the mattenfilter , to an airlift one the lessen the flow. I felt to much flow hinders there feeding.
I threw in some ceratopteris as floaters and changed the lamp to a brighter one the LED i used was to dark due to the tannins.
But it's all a learning proces for me, never had these fish before, can't even say wether these are adult or not, they look a bit small to my eyes. In a large tank i think they might get 'lost", and harder for them to find food.[DOUBLEPOST=1402166635][/DOUBLEPOST]I did order Moina and Hyalella, it should arive tuesday/wednesday.

Mine are feeding well despite the large space and they move like lighting when they spot something that might be edible. I'm surprised at how relaxed they seem after only a week. I think soon they will start recognising the feeding ritual and be out front waiting!

Newly hatched brine shrimp are highly recommended so I'm just about to set up a hatchery. Don't want my fish getting obese on grindal/micro worms.

Glad to see you're still doing well with this tank. Well done, it's a thing of beauty, keep it up!

Quick and dirty update with cellphone pic:
14757990018_17cb1bede4_b.jpg2014-08-17 12.08.56 by Edvet, on Flickr
Just some slight MTS, left is paro's. middle is nannostomus eques and trifasciata, right is undecided, large right is black cube, still no albimarginata male...

Nice! Are you not tempted to add another tank in that space on the left, certainly looks like you've got the space. I like your steel bench (?) very robust looking but I have to say you're electricals frighten me, lol!

:)

Back