• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Black dots on Anubias

sr20det

I seem to be getting some dots on my Anubias, originally thought it was algae but not 100%, as I got some on leaves that am growing emersed?

Pics of affected leaves (Phone pics so not the greatest)?

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

Still not 100% but all I can gather is BBA but it doesnt pretude the leaf, seems flat, black dots.Which then leaves me to beleive a deficiency?

I started dosing EasyCarbo for the last week, just as a precaution but is low tech, and I have been dosing API LeafZone, and Seachem Phosphorous.

BBA spores i believe mate, i had it appear on abubias while i was fighting bba in my tank. Easily solved though, when you dose the easy carbo use a pipette and apply directly to the leaf with the filters off for 5 mins, will be gone in a few days.
FYI excel or AE's aquacarbon seem to be far more effective than easycarbo when direct dosing like this, no idea why... maybe the concentration glut?

Thanks bud, well I just dosed again as you suggested turned off filter which is a HOB and isn't massively powerful anyways and direct dosed with syringe, looks like EC is the only way, as just got this bottle, may try glut DIY mind. Think I need to look into improving flow.

Back