• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Black flourite cap?

chrisfraser05

Hopefully this will be the last of my substrate questions for a while lol

I've just collected the 300lt tank and have used westland aquatic compost as a substrate and am looking for something suitable to cap it.

I've got some large black rock and some medium black stones along with the black background I'm going to use so was wondering if this;

http://www.cheappetproducts.net/FLOURIT ... 44181.html

would be a suitable cap for the earth?

I think the black will make a lovely contrast to the bright greens and reds of the plants I'll be using and will help for seeing baby shrimp lol

what do you guys reckon?

cheers, chris

You should be fine, as long as you give it a good inch covering. The Flourite grains are fairly large if I remember right, so as long as you give it an inch or so I'd say go for it if you like the look of it. Either that, or some inert black sand - Unipac do some nice black sand.

Tom

Cheers tom.

Seems most places have sold out of the unipac blak sand, at least the larger sizes. Will keep my eyes peeled.

I take it the flourite stuff will hold the nutrients if I do I dry fert dose and release it to the roots?

Ouch..... hadn't realised that was a US site, gonna cost me over £40 for two bags from a UK supplier!

Never mind, will be worth it ;)

Back