• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Black Otos - Niger Oto - Hisonotus leucofrenatus

ghostsword

Hi, I managed to get 10 black otos, their scientific name is Hisonotus leucofrenatus.

Has anyone kept them before?

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/im ... e_id=11046
Copia+di+IMG_0293.jpg

Lovely looking little fish.

I had one of these once, it came mixed with the standard ottos, they look much better than normal ottos and blend into the wood very nicely, not sure if they are better algae eaters though!

ghostsword said:
Lucky me then that I walked into a shop and saw them, selling for £1.99 each.. Obviously I bought all they had.. :D

I would have done exactly the same!! :D

Even normal oto's sell for a fiver around here :rolleyes:

ghostsword said:
Lucky me then that I walked into a shop and saw them, selling for £1.99 each.. Obviously I bought all they had.. :D

stunning little fish :thumbup: what shop was it as i'm not far from you? and if they get any more i could race you there :D

Arana said:
ghostsword said:

stunning little fish :thumbup: what shop was it as i'm not far from you? and if they get any more i could race you there :D

ADC in Great Portland Street.. and they also sell ADA, cheaper than some of our sponsors. :)

No need to prep anything. The potato is sliced and put on the tank. Corydoras, SAE and ottos eat it.

The brazil nut I drop in, after a week it is soft and the corydoras, SAE and ottos go for it. Takes a month to fully disappear.

Great holiday food. :)

Why I started with the brazil nut? As I was researching my Peruvian biotope it turns out that brazil nuts will wash out to the Rivers during the wet months. Something has to eat them. :) I tried it and they eat it fine.

---

Back