• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Black Phantom tetras

Mark Evans

Expert
OK, 2 birds one stone.

this is my fish choice for autumn blush and also an image that i like, rolled into one post.

i've bought 12 of these little things. I'm an absolute noob when it come to fish, i just struggle to see them in a scape so i always end up buying loads of fish and it becomes untidy. i like these so i may expand the shoal. :D

i've made this image larger than i usually do, so click on it ;)

somethingtetras.jpg

Hi mark,they look cool,but me personally I would only put another 5 in,
Regards john

ceg4048 said:
Oooh, lovely shot Mark. Truly delicious.

Clive, thanks mate. To be honest mate, i owe just about 90% of what i do to you! To sustain good plant health, EI and CO2changed my plant keeping or rather your advice. believe me clive, you Dan man!

samc said:
man i post on too many of your threads but its hard not too :lol:

i'd miss you if you didnt :p

john starkey said:
I would only put another 5 in,

might be right mate ;)

Dan Crawford said:
Crackin' shot and a great choice of fish, bang another 10 in there ;)

cheers matey. :D

I think they're a great fish for this aquascape, no ttoo common too which I like! ;) Like others said, I think you should put a few more in though.

Jase said:
Good and unusual choice Mark, they look great and that shot is a beauty :D I'd only put another 5 in max.

cheers matey :D

aaronnorth said:
dam that is a good shot!

cheers Aaron, i also got some great full tank shots too :) I'm beginning to find my style with these flash heads. i also experimented with different coloured backgrounds

here's a couple more. i've just taken these. i've had it set up most the day so i can just fire shots of practising etc.

i did swap the backgrounds for a light blue one and white. its amazing at what a completely different feel backgrounds give!

All of these images are just one flash head as i'm isolating small areas. when it comes to proper shoot time i'll pull the tank out and light it properley, with a little advice from tonser.

tetras.jpg

my fave...

pencil3.jpg

click on em to see em slightly bigger.

Jase said:
Do you shoot in RAW?

allways jase. it allows for full control over....2 most important things IMO

exposure
white balance

contrast is also dealt with within RAW editing. these images are straight from camera placed on a background in PS.

the addition of flexible lighting has allowed me to pinpoint and control light over certain areas.

Back