• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Black spots on leaves

Hello,
I have a new set up. It has been a week and have done three water changes so far. Water parameters were done (are good) butnAmmonia levels are at 2 ppm.
I have Anubias, bucephalandras, crypto’s, Java ferns, some moss, Monte Carlos and short grass.
The problème: All the big leaf plants have black spots on them. My substrate is à base of ADA Amazonian aqua soil and Fluval substrate.
What do you think it can be the cause?

Hey @Gabriela Valdivia , how long ago those spots appeared? It may be a BBA at the early stage of growth caused by ammonia, I'd personally check them with magnifying glass. Also you can just in case spot dose 2.5-3% glutaraldehyde (carbo) on them using syringe - 10 ml of glut/100l at that concentration should'n do any harm to the fish etc but may be a good preventive solution.

The spots appeared by the end of the first week. I think you are right it might be BBA because coincidentally, my ammonia levels are high.
Great advice! I will follow through.
Thank you.

Back