• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Black water light

Luciën

Okay, my wife let me have a betta (because she likes them) tank for the kitchen.. My idea is an 50 cm black water. With some emersed vegetation on the top of rocks and wood and the rest floaters.. Can I get a way with ONF nano? Or would you recomand others.. I'm on a budget so I'm not about to pay more then I can get away with..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

I think for the floaters you will be fine with that light but my one concern is the emersed growth as their site says it only extends to 6" above the water. I've not used the light but seen many tanks that have and if you are ok with the restriction for emersed height (unless the light can be hung or you sort out another way to raise it) then it would be a good option.

I think for the floaters you will be fine with that light but my one concern is the emersed growth as their site says it only extends to 6" above the water. I've not used the light but seen many tanks that have and if you are ok with the restriction for emersed height (unless the light can be hung or you sort out another way to raise it) then it would be a good option.
Yes I thought about it but the tank is about 30cm heigh I will set the water level I think around 20cm or maybe a bit more depending on how I scape it.. Will use mostly pigmy ferns mosses and small orchids.. I will find a way to raise it as I have too but I'm mostly worried about the spread and intensity if it would be enough..the kitchen does not have a lot of daylight.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Asta 20 might be an option for light. Dimmable. And a gooseneck so you can play a bit with the height and/or position it in a way that you dont look into it when sitting at the kitchen table.
ONF nano is getting a lot of praise from a lot of users, but asta 20 is a bit cheaper.

ONF flat nano is certainly not the budget option but it would help future proof you if you wanted to change from blackwater down the line which is never a bad idea

It's pushing its limits for light spread on a 50cm but I'm just setting up my 45cm with the same light so will see how it goes, smart plant choice and positioning and it should be all good

Asta 20 might be an option for light. Dimmable. And a gooseneck so you can play a bit with the height and/or position it in a way that you dont look into it when sitting at the kitchen table.
ONF nano is getting a lot of praise from a lot of users, but asta 20 is a bit cheaper.

This is not a bad option also only not really available over here if I buy it overseas it comes with delivery and tax/import costs.
It reminds me of my Qube 50's I have on my larger tank. some one try'd the Qube 30's?

ONF flat nano is certainly not the budget option but it would help future proof you if you wanted to change from blackwater down the line which is never a bad idea
It's pushing its limits for light spread on a 50cm but I'm just setting up my 45cm with the same light so will see how it goes, smart plant choice and positioning and it should be all good
Yes it is not really budget, but then what is with a good color rendition? The most light go quick to this price range and higher.. I would like to stay under a 100 euro.
The spread is what worries me the most indeed but then I guess most orchids and ferns don't like to be under direct light anyway..

Back