• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blacklisted from tapatalk

Hey guys,
I'm currently blacklisted on my Home network and mobile provider from tapatalk.

I don't know what on earth I have done to get BL'd

Anyone know how to get it unblocked? It's a lot easier via tapatalk then direct.
Cheers,

Me too - can read forum posts, but I can't post from tapatalk due to being blacklisted. Who knows?

I'm assuming there's a database somewhere that my IP's on for reasons unfathomable.

I used to have this problem all the time when I had a Blackberry, since swathes of their IP's were blocked. The only thing you can do really is to submit the forum for unblocking you (I've never had success with this), or renew your IP until you get one that isn't blocked.

I must admit... And I am sad to say.. The amount of forum issues I have with the site just causes hassle. Sometimes I can't log in, sometimes website is down, sometimes I'm blacklisted, sometimes I can't upload photos.. This is more frequent than I would prefer.. I just don't think its very well set up. I know nothing about site building and on that basis I can't attack the designers but almost everyday I have an issue and its such a shame as this is by far the best forum I have joined. It happens on my tablet, my two computers and my phones so I know its not my end.. Hope it gets sorted soon because I'm using it less and less. Maybe this is why I have noticed people posting topics less and less?! Who knows.

P.s I wrote this two days ago but have been blacklisted since..

Jack :)

I don't get it? When I'm using the iPhone/pad I get a prompt to download the app, but never have. Once you download it does it tie into you IP address?

Ian, I use tapatalk because I'm rarely at home or in front of a computer. So its annoying that I have to wait a few days at a time to use my comp :-\ hopefully it will get sorted. I try and use the actual website on my phone but it freezes because my phone is too slow :)

Ian Holdich said:
I don't get it? When I'm using the iPhone/pad I get a prompt to download the app, but never have. Once you download it does it tie into you IP address?

I paid for it as its easier than using the web browser, unless this forum gets redesigned to allow mobile browsing i will still use tapatalk. It must be a tapatalk issue when its connecting with the server of Ukaps..

I've messaged paulo twice now. He's read but hasn't replied. But I did get the gist on another forum that the admin can do something to sort it (I Think!)

Feedback stating whether or not he could help would be useful though.

I was on it all the time when I could post with tapatalk, now it's rarely.

Received word from LD / Paulo.

Apparently there is little he can do about it.
Alistair? How did you get on that URL? I typed it in letter by letter and got redirected to a 'host your site here' style site. :(

N

A lot of providers IP's are dynamic, so unblocking will only work for a while.

The IP you appear to be posting from may well change, getting you blacklisted again.

I know little about forum management but I suspect it's possible to tell tapatalk to ignore the blacklisting database. No idea how much of a PITA that is, tho.

Hey guys, the atlbl database is not kept by us and its a reliable source of spam IPs, last time we disabled this protection we were getting 30-40 spam users a day and that becomes a nightmare in itself as you start seeing lots of posts at random and then the mods have a hard time clearing it up.

I will look into the possibility of disabling these features if you access the forum via tapatalk, but I am not sure if that can be achieved.

Its most likely people getting infected with malware and then the machine sending out spam and then your ISP range getting blocked, so also make sure your own machine are not infected with malware.

LondonDragon said:
Hey guys, the atlbl database is not kept by us and its a reliable source of spam IPs, last time we disabled this protection we were getting 30-40 spam users a day and that becomes a nightmare in itself as you start seeing lots of posts at random and then the mods have a hard time clearing it up.

I will look into the possibility of disabling these features if you access the forum via tapatalk, but I am not sure if that can be achieved.

Its most likely people getting infected with malware and then the machine sending out spam and then your ISP range getting blocked, so also make sure your own machine are not infected with malware.

Thanks for the info Paulo, just to point out i have a new machine since yesterday and im still blacklisted on tapatalk on my phone. Cheers

Back