• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BlackWater dedicated Forum

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hi guys,

it's been a looming time since I came on UKAPS.
I have a bit change orientation on aquaria this year. After a broken ankle and being on crutches for 6 months (so no way that I can work on my tank) I have decided to go on the direction of Biotope aquarium.
My first Biotope is a Lake Fwa Biotope with some Thoracochromis Spp (not identify yet) collected in the wild with Heiko Bleher. The tank have Valisneria, potamogeton, and other plants coming directly from the lake and fishes. I will post on this tank soon. For those who have my Facebook can see a video and pictures of the lake. I will try to post it on UKAPS also. A true living aquarium that lake.

Well to comeback on my subject, now I would like to do a blackwater biotope with a small tank that I have. I was wondering if there is some good blackwater dedicated forum on the web ? And as I would like to do a dwarf cichlids biotope (Congochromis, nanochromis that will be wild species) I wanted to know if someone know also a dwarf cichlid dedicated forum also.
I am asking that on our community because UKAPS is the best forum I have encounter for now and it very professionnel like and very technical, so I know our members can direct me in the good direction.

I will try to do that Fwa thread soon. I will also include tin that thread a small (hard and long in 2 days) we did in Lippen Waterfalls where I have seen millions of anubias in their biotope and many aquatics plants.

Best regards to all

I don;t know any blackwater specific fora.
Apistogramma.com has biotope info, but only apisto. There is a new biotope specific site on the way (Heiko Bleher has to do with it) "Biotope aquarium project"
I am not realy at home with the African fish sites, sorry

I don;t know any blackwater specific fora.
Apistogramma.com has biotope info, but only apisto. There is a new biotope specific site on the way (Heiko Bleher has to do with it) "Biotope aquarium project"
I am not realy at home with the African fish sites, sorry
Hi Ed

thnaks for your input mate. Nice to have a comment from you since the long time we haven't "share".
Yes I am aware of Heiko site, coming i am a member of this FB page.
Hope to find a nice forum about this.

I will have a look at the apposite fora.

cheers

You could check the events thread were theres a video of 2016- 2017 Biotopes contests by Musyupick.With informtation on the top 50 I think

I guess the closest to it, is Tannin Aquatics, for now.. The blackwater community likely aint large enough to sustain a forum about it.
If there were any this site would definitively link to it, but there is non. Or drop them an e-mail, they might just know something they yet don't link to on their site.
https://tanninaquatics.com/blogs/the-tint-1

yeh might not be much in just blackwater about but find a general Biotope one and the blactwater community should be around, I dont know too much about this one other than it covers all things aquatic and theres a biotope discussion/ blog there : Reef 2 rainforest.com

Hi Guys thanks for your help. About Tannin aquatics I went already to the site thank you .
I will let you know about my findings etc... and of course let you know about my biotope aquarium.

Cheers

Back