• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

blanching courgette/ cucumber!

bazz

hi all,
what's the ideal method for blanching the above, to apparently break down the cellulose for otto's and sturisoma? i'm afraid my cookery skills are pretty basic!
cheers and thanx in advance,
bazz!

I've used cucumber raw and never bothered blanching it - Otos, ancistrus and others ate it fine. I tried courgette raw and blacnched but they weren't as keen.

To blanch vegetables all you do is briefly drop them in boiling water so they soften slightly. 30 seconds or so is plenty IME.

Im with Ed, i always cut a bit off and dont do anything, just chuck it in with a bit of lead weight, and both plecs and otto's love it, they seem to be able to eat it fine as the cucmber disseapers in the space of 30 mins :thumbup:

AdAndrews said:
Im with Ed, i always cut a bit off and dont do anything, just chuck it in with a bit of lead weight, and both plecs and otto's love it, they seem to be able to eat it fine as the cucmber disseapers in the space of 30 mins :thumbup:

What he said :thumbup:

Back