• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blind cave fish

foxfish

I bought four of the little devils last week, I though they might look good in a new scape I have just put together.
However they are not really what I expected, they fly around the tank 24 7... non stop buzzing around! they take food from the surface or anywhere in fact & continuously swim into my overflow box.
Cor makes me dizzy watching them & all the other long term cory dudes don't like them at all !!
Still I think they are having a good time or at least better than being in a shop tank.

Haha^:D

Seriously tho'. Interesting fish foxfish, I seem to remember the old London Aquarium had a small species tank scaped like a cave (of all things:rolleyes:) with a couple of dozen or so blind cave fish and it worked quite well. At least I think it was London Aquarium:confused:

They are not a fish I have every kept before, thought about it many a time but never took the plunge!
I very naively though they would stay in the cave but now I understand they don't know what a cave is!
I don't think they are aggressive towards other fish but they do bump into them & steal food, I guess they don't know what another species of fish is either?

I must of removed the pink twits one hundred times from my sump overflow before I realised, they just go in & out as easy as race horse jumps a fence!
I am now on a mission to film the pink devils jumping the weir...... it is going to be a you tube sensation!

That's brilliant

Back