• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

blocked Up Aqua

mfcphil

My Up Aqua has somehow got blocked....all looks ok but the pipe keeps blowing off from the none return valve....I have tried another valve with the same result....

Any idea how to unblock???

the flow going through the water pipes into the spraybar is fine.....but still blowing the pipe off the none return.

Dont want to buy another if the problem could be something else....hoped someone could shed some light on this :crazy:

worth a try but is it ok without a non return?

no I tried that just not pushing any CO2 through.....I turned the Co2 down and some is now getting through the spray bar, I'm going to leave it on 24/7 for a couple of days just in case its a timer issue (dont think it is though)

what do you mean by UP aqua? i have looked on google and ebay and found nothing. if you mean a UP atomiser though, i have one of those and may be able to help.

i gave mine a good blast with the 'jet' setting on the hosepipe the other day and it cleared a load of muck!

Yes I mean the UP atomiser but its only a couple of months old and is not showing any signs of dirt!

Hi
I have used the Up atomiser on a number of my tanks, i haven't really cleaned one yet, and i have no loss in performance to make me want to yet. (been running at least 10 months now)

Just a couple of quick thoughts:

You say it blowing the pipe off?

The core is a ceramic pipe, through which the CO2 flows, i find it strange that this can become completely blocked are you sure you don't have a block elsewhere?
Have you checked your connecting point on the up atomiser is not blocked?
Have you checked that your CO2 hose has not gone brittle and is just slipping/popping off? Trying replacing the hose, also may be worth trying it without the non return valve, just to eliminate them.
Have you accidentally increased your working pressure (ideally should be 1.7bar ish?)

Good luck

Andy

Hi
That's a good few pointers from Andy............where have you placed the atomiser it should be on the outflow pipe.
This insures that it is clean filtered water that passes through the atomiser.
If its on the inflow it could collect gunge/waste particles and cause problems.

It could also be that your co2 tubing onto your check valve is to slack/loose......cut a small piece of the tube and re-attach it or use a small cable tie to make a better connection.
Regards
hoggie

after turning the co2 pressure down slightly the tubing has stopped coming off...will now try and gauge how long to leave the timer on to ensure the plants get enough co2

andyh said:
Hi
I have used the Up atomiser on a number of my tanks, i haven't really cleaned one yet, and i have no loss in performance to make me want to yet. (been running at least 10 months now)

Just a couple of quick thoughts:

You say it blowing the pipe off?

The core is a ceramic pipe, through which the CO2 flows, i find it strange that this can become completely blocked are you sure you don't have a block elsewhere?
Have you checked your connecting point on the up atomiser is not blocked?
Have you checked that your CO2 hose has not gone brittle and is just slipping/popping off? Trying replacing the hose, also may be worth trying it without the non return valve, just to eliminate them.
Have you accidentally increased your working pressure (ideally should be 1.7bar ish?)

Good luck

Andy

sorry to highjack but ive just been thinking about getting an up atomiser just wandered if you get loads of fine bubble mist through the tank with them or does it disolve enough not to be a prob?

Rudi

Hi Rude
The bubbles are very small....more like a mist they are not that visible unless your adding copious amounts of Co2.
You need a regulator that can run at 1.7 bar or above.
Regards
hoggie

mine comes through a long spray bar and fine bubbles get spread throughout the tank....miles better than the glass difussers

Well I can only go by what I know, I use the spray bar which goes the length of my tank, so therefor the bublles go that far...

Back