• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bloodworm Allergy

Yep - I've got it....... and several other annoying allergies, too.
I can't even handle the stuff in frozen form, wearing gloves - it still makes my eyes itch and go red and my throat is severely disturbed, making breathing difficult. It is a shame, since I breed angelfish - and blood worm make a very good growing food. Luckily there are alternatives, though.

I have seen a difference in my allergic reactions depending on my diet. Staying off carbs/sugar does it for me.

I've never actually got to the bottom of my allergies. I'm in the same boat as you Mick, I had a couple of bad reactions after handling blood worm. The last time it was with only handling the packaging when I popped the blister into a cap of water to defrost it. The worst one I must have rubbed my eyes without washing my hands. On other occasions in between my fingers would itch like mad.

After that I started handling it with a towel but just thought it was all coincidence until I seen this.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Back