• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blue Dwarf Gourami And Red Cherries?

Kristoph91

I have two juvenile blue dwarf gouramies, they seem to be slightly aggressive towards the cherry shrimp though. Is this harmless, or will they eventually begin to damage the population of shrimp ?

Thanks,
Kris.

They will try and grab the shrimps, there was a post on here about a few gouramies ( cant remember what ones ) that were ripping apart adult shrimp, just a heads up. As long as there is a lot of hiding places for the shrimp your colony should be fine and the gouramies should only pick off the odd 1 or 2.

i say that you may not have a colony in a week or 2. They will pick off most shrimp, especially if they are acting up with them already.

Thanks for the replies! . I better move the gouramies into my community tank then! I don't want to risk leaving them in at all now. :O

Anybody know of any schooling fish that will be OK with the shrimp?

Neon Tetras, Cardinal tetras, Rummy Nose Tetras most tetras should leave them but the only real non threatening fish to any shrimp is an Otocinclus others it depends on there character and personality of the fish.

Rummy nose tetras, Hemigrammus rhodostomus are great shoaling fish and shouldn't bother your shrimp they are very prone to getting 'ich' on the first week of being introduced to your tank but it should clear up quick quickly, just make sure you have good water quality.

i was thinking of having neons, but they seem more suited to a heavily planted tank IMO, they look much nicer in one.

So, Rummynoses then. I am trying to find a few otocinclus to clean the tank.. But they're so hard to find in Ireland!!

Back