• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blue Green Algae and Diatoms?

you know I've got to puy my hands up here in the hope that other people like myself will take things in a little quicker...

I have been given tons of advice on these forum pages, most: probably from Clive (ceg4048) and although I thought I was listening I was not really taking everything in, I'm not saying everything is hunky dorey in my 240l tank right now, but, I am getting there, Finally, I think!!

****The only issues I think I have is maybe a little too little light, which I'm scared to change and maybe a little too much KNO3 in my 500ml mix, this is due to me upping the ammount every time I got another outbreak of algae in the tank, its at 90 grams at the present

Guess what I'm trying to say is, this place is great for advice as long as you use it properly! :thumbup:

OMG 5 weeks no algae!!!! Changed the 28w back to a shorter 39w just to help the growth a little, first sign of the bad stuff coming back, its back to the trusted 28w :lol:

Hi Phil,
Yeah, long term you should be able to get back to original lighting levels. The plants can adapt to slow, long term changes. Algae adapt better to quick, or transient conditions.

It's not clear to me why it was so pesky in your particular tank, especially with the two strong filters that you got. Did you select low flow on the flow control levers by any chance?

Cheers,

No Clive I had both the filters on max....I have removed one of the Koralia number 2's and have the one remaining on a timer, it comes on and goes off the same time as the Co2 running through the two Up Atomisers....Gives the fish a breather from the fast flow!!

I'm going to stick with the two 39w T5's for now as everything seems to be going well, I do have some slow growth and plants like the Rotala wallichii are not turning red, but I can live with that!

Back