Blue Moonlight LED

chrisjj

Newly Registered
Hi,

I've recently tried a marina submersible micro led, but it was faulty (kept flickering & going off) & to be honest, didn't appear to offer much light (when it did turn on).

So I'm now thinking of strip led's. Has anybody heard of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Or does anybody have any suggestions?

Cheers

chrisjj

Newly Registered
Mmmm..... one good ref, one bad!

do you know if they are fully submersible? - the ad just seems to say "waterproof"

Plus I'd only need 48 for my tank, yes?

Sorry, just read it at the bottom of the ad!

aaronnorth

chrisjj said:
Mmmm..... one good ref, one bad!

do you know if they are fully submersible? - the ad just seems to say "waterproof"
Well, perhaps they are brilliant while they last then... But I have only had them a few days, my Uncles had them 2month now.

They are splashproof, not waterproof.

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Just to add, I place mined inside my luminaire where there is no chance of water damage ;)
I could always have had a bad one! It was good while it lasted powerful beam and nice effect, but didn't last... for me!

aaronnorth

LondonDragon said:
Just to add, I place mined inside my luminaire where there is no chance of water damage ;)
I could always have had a bad one! It was good while it lasted powerful beam and nice effect, but didn't last... for me!
Well we'll see how it goes for me :thumbup:

chrisjj

Newly Registered
Well, at the weekend I'll be buying the ones I found, as they are fully submersible..... unless anyone has any other ideas?......

Cheers