• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Blue Sky' Iwagumi ...overgrown

Mark Evans

Expert
I'm collecting everything i need for an up and coming journal in my 60cm.

A change in substrate, is exciting.(thanks to Aquajardin :thumbup: ) I've used ADA in the past with tremendous results, I'm itching to get this into a tank :D

60cm-journal.jpg

Re: New journal, sometime in the future.

What is with all this recent ada'ness haha, Viktors nano steves nano's and now you! I've had great results with ada, and with a trip to tgm next month I can see the wallet taking a bashing haha.

Also thing I'd do different is have a lot less power sand special(s in my case) that I had before, or a much much deeper amazonia layer, I was ever finding bits around the tank :( but was the 1st time I'd used it #planbetter :D

nayr88 said:
Also thing I'd do different is have a lot less power sand special(s in my case)

I'll only be using a small amount in this. In the big tank, I'll use the recommended amount.

The ADA are the aquarium equivalent of homoeopathy pedallers debate... It won't happen though, I'm bored of playing that record, no one listens anyway.

I can't wait to see the next tank appear, it'll be another winner I'm certain. :)

I'm unsure on what's going on :\

I LOVE ada, I'm completely consumed by there marketing coolness, plus I've had real good succes with them, its idiot proof haha

Mark, what are the dimensions of this new one?

Garuf said:
The ADA are the aquarium equivalent of homoeopathy pedallers debate... It won't happen though, I'm bored of playing that record, no one listens anyway.

sanj said:
I feel that debate coming on.

nayr88 said:
I'm unsure on what's going on :\

It's amazing what one picture can do :lol:

I posted it deliberately, just to 'stir things up a bit' :shifty:

The old 'powersand' debate

nayr88 said:
Mark, what are the dimensions of this new one?

This is the 60 tank, but I'll be setting up a 120 x 55 x 55.

The bigger of the 2 wont be showcased though. I'm trying to refrain from my mad episodes of posting all the time. :lol:

looking forward to this one Mark.

Lol at the Homeopathy comment.

Joecoral said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Antoni said:
I don't see point you to stop posting Its time consuming for you, but great enjoyment for us all...

I'm making a journal of this one. dont worry :D

Hardscape will be easy...there wont be any. this will be a stem tastic scape. I'm going to try to help folk with trimming and stuff like that. A bit more 'educational'

I've just picked up the deal of the week...a £40 cabinet. cheap as chips!

Its actually dark grey, almost ADA colour.

cabinet.jpg

ianho said:
looking forward to this one Mark.

cheers bud. :thumbup:

The old 'powersand' debate

Yup thats the one. ;)

I am moving house so I think im going to have to make a re order of substrate for my humungo tank.

I just dont think I can justify the expense for Powersand when i have not seen any noticable effect from it in the past other than rising up and looking usightly. But it is the ADA way...

Anyway Mark I thought you had to get rid of a lot of tanks a couple of years ago (Wifey's orders?). So whats changed now, are you slowly sneaking more in? :D

sanj said:
Anyway Mark I thought you had to get rid of a lot of tanks a couple of years ago (Wifey's orders?). So whats changed now, are you slowly sneaking more in?

I think she finally realizes, that i can actually make a tank look half decent. In fact, today, I've had a tidy up outside, got rid of 5 van loads of crap, and found about 30KG of minilandscape rock :wideyed:

well, the wife seems real keen! she's arranged them, in size alomost, down the side of the house!.. good girl :angelic:

rock.jpg

that better not be seiryu!!?? If so theres about a million pounds worth! Do they mine it in Newark? lol

ianho said:
that better not be seiryu

It is mate. :lol:

sanj said:
where did you get that landscaping stone?

most of that lot was bought by myself. I do have a load more from Plantedbox days, but that's still with a partner.

I'll be using a lot of the stone in the 120 x 55 x 55 :thumbup:

The tank is in situ, taking the place of the the almost.

situ-2.jpg

Back