• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Blue Sky' Iwagumi ...overgrown

Re: 'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 8 days full tank shot

No problem I take you to the Jameson Experience where they ply you( sorry, let you taste whiskies from around the world ) and let you make up your own mind which whiskey (Irish) or whisky you prefer.My brother in law did the tour a couple of years ago and came out pretty merry as we nominated him as 'official' taster where first he had five or six whiskies from around the world, Irish, Scotch, Canadian ,American and I think Japanese, all diluted with water. He chose his three favourites,Irish,Scotch and American bourbon then had a number of whiskies from those three countries, still diluted with water.American was pretty quickly discounted(you don't know which is which) as too raw, Scotch next as to 'peaty' and of the number of Irish whiskies until he had one left (just happened to be Jameson so they gave him a cert, and a free bottle of Jameson for his troubles) He is now back in South Africa only drinks Jameson whiskey (where ironically it's cheaper than here) if he is having a short, framed his certs plus the pewter measures I had to buy him.He fell sound asleep on the few short miles home :D I have a good friend working there so I get staff discount which works out pretty handy (includes most of the different Irish whiskies) Major difference between whiskies is the number of times they are distilled, American bourbon the least (once ) and Irish the most :thumbup:

Re: 'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 8 days full tank shot

mrjackdempsey said:
No problem I take you to the Jameson Experience where they ply you( sorry, let you taste whiskies from around the world

:lol: that'll do!

It's the end of week 2 now, and I've arrived home. What a difference a week makes. Still no signs of algae, and everything is growing real good.

Tomorrow or even tonight, I'll trim everything up...just too early last week.

I've also received my ADA goodness in the shape of a solar 1...

ADA.jpg

Another thing I've received through the post is my glassware from aquasys, and i have to say, i'm mightily impressed ;)

More pics later.

Re: 'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 2 weeks with ADA lighting

Beautiful and truly inspiring. I love the light green colors of the plants, making it a light tank, and it contrasts really well with the stones.

Greets,

Vince

p.s. You should try Lagavulin...

Ehh ehh, great growth. You have to sort out this solar cable :D

nice mate coming along lovley

cool buddah :D

stuworrall said:
Who's aquasys? havent heard of that company before but looking forward to the pics.

They're new mate. Not out as yet. Nice gear though.

Vince said:
Beautiful and truly inspiring. I love the light green colors of the plants, making it a light tank, and it contrasts really well with the stones.

Many thanks Vince. :thumbup:

Piece-of-fish said:
You have to sort out this solar cable

sorted! :shifty:

Antoni said:
, apart of the cable

:lol: OK, OK...it's done

Antoni said:
Great growth, unbelievable, mate!

I'm stunned also Antoni. :woot:

nayr88 said:
nice mate coming along lovley

cheers mate :)

I've just swapped the bulb for my ADA NAMH. Initially, i didn't like the warmth of this tube (5400k) but in this set up and with these plants, it looks real nice.

I've noticed (by eye) that the ADA doesn't seem to kick out as much light as the Arcadia...which is welcome in my book.

Here's a top down shot. HC is now covered, so the fun time of trimming can begin.

down.jpg

that HC mate in 2 weeks!

*claps*

Hats off to Mrs Mark, the queen of HC growth. Can you pop her round to me for a week as i'm struggling to get mine to grow in the corners of my tanks. Thanks mate, i'll expect her tomoz around 8am.

Tony Swinney said:
Bloody amazing Mark ! Nice light too

cheers Tony. A bit of eye candy in the house. :D

viktorlantos said:
Because of the lower strength of the unit you can move down the Solar without any problem.

I'll try that Viktor, thanks. I'm still @ 5 hours per day, so i'll monitor it over the weekend. :thumbup:

ianho said:
Hats off to Mrs Mark, the queen of HC growth. Can you pop her round to me for a week as i'm struggling to get mine to grow in the corners of my tanks. Thanks mate, i'll expect her tomoz around 8am.

I've packed her bags, and she's now asking where she's going..."A hotel?" she asks :lol:

Well done in the Evans house hold! Stunning growth Mark, for this result in 2 weeks is pretty unreal and a 5 hour photo period :crazy:

......so is it fish time? What's the plan?

B7fec said:
for this result in 2 weeks is pretty unreal and a 5 hour photo period

My guess is, the 150w of MH. These stem plants will soak up the sun all day long. :)

B7fec said:
so is it fish time? What's the plan?

I really would like to see a shoal of platinum/gold tetras. I love em, and i feel theyd suit the scape very well.

Any thoughts?

here's the run down of the weekly regime.

5ml Tropica TPN and TPN+ daily.
3 squirts of liquid carbon, daily.

lights 5 hours per day (in the week) 6 @ weekends.

Water changes, 50% Tuesday, Thursday.

2 x 50% W/C Saturday and Sunday

i have seen some gold tetras in Lincoln, there was some nice X-RAY tetras in MA near you the other day. I reckon x-rays will look good in there. You have had them before though haven't you?

Mark Evans said:
stuworrall said:
Who's aquasys? havent heard of that company before but looking forward to the pics.

They're new mate. Not out as yet. Nice gear though.
Good to see some new glassware producers on the scene then :)

Is that 5ml TPN and 5ml TPN+ or a 5ml mixture of the two?

Mark Evans said:

My goodness!!!! :wideyed: That's just amazing Mark :D . Absolutely lovely!!!

Congratulations!!!

I don't mean this as a bad thing,.....but that photo of yours,....I actually thought I was looking at Robert Downey Jr. :)

Someday I wish I could grow plants atleast half as good as you. It's truly an amzing looking tank there.

Back