• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Blue Sky' Iwagumi ...overgrown

Re: 'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 2 weeks First trim

What about ten penquin tetra's (Thayeria Boehikei),they shoal very tight and not too colourful,would look very nice in this scape :thumbup:

There's many options. I'll go to my LFS next weekend.

I've done a huge water change to reset everything for the coming week. I've also cleaned the stone 'George Farmer' style....tooth brush. Surprising what crap there was on them. I didn't clean them before putting them in.

Quite a bit of Diatoms to....nothing like previous tanks.

Here is, really, the final pic for this mad weekend bout of posting :wave:

dirty-scrubber.jpg

i still reckon X-rays would look cool in there, and they have some lovely ones at MA @ Bridgford.

ianho said:
i still reckon X-rays would look cool in there, and they have some lovely ones at MA @ Bridgford.

I'll go take a look. :thumbup:

I've had a few mention my wife's abilities, as good as they are, she wouldn't be able to do it without my instruction :lol:

she somehow, makes sense of this...

orders.jpg

If this goes wrong...blame her :shh:

Have you got any full shots with the black background, Mark?

JEK said:

Here mate, I've taken one for you.

Coming home, always makes me nervous...you never know what state the tank will be in, but as the last couple of weeks, things are fine.

HC needs another trim, and a pretty intense one at that.

black-1.jpg

Mark Evans said:
JEK said:

Here mate, I've taken one for you.

Coming home, always makes me nervous...you never know what state the tank will be in, but as the last couple of weeks, things are fine.

HC needs another trim, and a pretty intense one at that.

black-1.jpg

Thanks, mate. :)
It looks really good with the black background.... Can't really decide which one I like best.
The blue gives it a nice freshness, but the black gives a better contrast to the green.

Re: 'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 3 weeks second trim needed.

Tony Swinney said:
Looking good Mark - big thumbs up from me for the black background too. It really makes the greens pop
JEK said:
Thanks, mate.
It looks really good with the black background.... Can't really decide which one I like best.
The blue gives it a nice freshness, but the black gives a better contrast to the green.

Cheers mate. :)

How about white maybe?...i'll do the final shots with all 3 i think.

white.jpg

Thanks Tony. :thumbup:

I'm now going to flatten the HC. 8)

Antoni said:
It is looking great with the black background! In fact I love it

Thanks Antoni.

i'm not sure which one i prefer. It's simple to change them though...just like my mood :angelic:

stuworrall said:
another week of great growth! I love how that Ranunculus looks in the iwagumi, jus like little palm trees in the distance

Cheers Stu. It does work well. Maybe it could be used as a substitute for P helferi?

here's a shot showing it a little better.

ranunculus.jpg

I am finding, now it's settled down, that it's very invasive. There are runners everywhere now.

Love the video mate. The black background looks nice for a change.

Gives a different feel but I'm not sure which one I'd prefer. Probably no background to actually live with, and black for photos.

Ranunculus looks really nice, especially. One to watch out for the future.

Cheers George. :D

I've just trimmed/butchered the left hand side. Flattened the grass and some rununculus.

The intention was always to have a 'low' mass of plants to the left, and when the grass recovers, it'll look quite flat.

The right side is full of stems, but the second trim of these should regain the over all balance...hopefully.

trim-2-2.jpg

Re: 'Blue Sky' Iwagumi @ 3 weeks second trim complete

That video looked ......ahem .........totally awesome, sorry Mark lost for words for a minute there (knowing me it doesn't happen enough). Really beautiful , top job :thumbup:

Back