• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blyxa-Bolbitis scape

TDI-line said:
033.jpg

what is the stem in the back left?

Yeah looks like Limnophila aromatica or Pogostemon stellata (Eustralis)?
Will

I really like it!
If you break it down I'll whip that bolbitis off you! Such a pretty plant!

Oh, too late Garuf. :? Sorry mate.

I had to remove virtually everything to catch the 55 cardinal tetras.

Anyway, thanks guys.

I'm not looking in your threads again, I'm turning as green as that Blyxa :lol:

TDI-line said:
I've been down the discus route before, but with higher running temperatures and more co2 complications, i decided to dedicate this tank to just fully planted.

Did that cause you problems with the Discus, or with the plants/set up? Both? Mines going to be for Discus, CO2, halides etc. So learning where others went right or wrong is pretty important

Thanks Vase.

I think really, i was inexperienced in keeping plants, so this time i decided to gain experience in keeping plants.

Originally i used CO2, but no ferts or nutrient rich substrate, but now with the help of this forum, i don't think it would be a problem keeping Discus and plants. I even used Rowaphos to get rid of the high phosphate which caused my hair algae.

But i was always very limited to what plants i could use with the higher temperature.

I have thought about adding Discus too, but i rescape far too often, and that would stress them with me trying to catch them. But who knows, i would love another shoal of wild discus, as they do shoal well in a big tank. :D

Hey Dan,
As a reality check, high phosphates is not responsible for hair algae. Hair algae is due to poor CO2 so you must have fixed your CO2/flow in order to get rid of the hair algae. 8)

Cheers,

This really is one of the most relaxing scapes I have seen. the side shot is beautiful. It really is a nice big project you have don. I would be proud of that hands down! As a suggestion, I think having a small group of black/silver angel fish really would enhance what is already an amazing set up. the tank size looks big enough to house angel fish with out making them seem too big?! you know what I mean?

Well Done :)

Back