• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

blyxa changing colour?flowering???

soton_dave

ive been dosing EI in my tank for about 4 weeks now and everything is growing rapantly but the new growth on my blyxa is a pinky/golden colour(i'll get a pic up when me cameras charged)
is this normal or should i up my dosing?everything else in the tank is growing and looking healthy.
i dont think its a co2 or circulation problem because i have alot of blyxa all over the tank and its all growing the same colour.

any advice or experiences??

cheers dave

ceg4048

Expert/Global Moderator
Staff member
Re: blyxa changing colour????

Yes, it does happen quite regularly. Like so many color changes in other plants, it's not clear what combination of factors causes this.

2944347280038170470S600x600Q85.jpg

Cheers,

squiggley

Is something like this

blyxa.jpg

Think it might becaused by "excess" iron

soton_dave

here are a couple of pics of the blyxa

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

after taking the pics i noticed a stem with what looks like a bud on the end,does blyxa flower????

IMG_0109.jpg

after looking a bit closer i have counted at least 7 of these stem/buds,so could this change in colour be because of flowering?

cheers dave

Mark Evans

Expert
they are flowers.

ceg's had, i've had it and james M has got it I think.....it's catching :lol:

i managed to get one to open underwater, a little white flower....i don't think nature intended it to open though.

TBRO

I've definatley had it happen in my tank, seems to go a more golden/yellow colour after producing the buds. Re-planting seemed to get them back to a green colour. Blyxa is a most bizzare plant!

Graeme Edwards

Founder
Yup, looks like a happy helathy plant. The flowers a not much to look at and are underwater flowers. Ive found that when it flowers, the plant is usualy at optimum/full hight.