• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bobtastic's 1st Planted Tank Journal (240l)

The leaking seems to have been sorted out. One final forearm slitting turn seems to have gotten the Jubilee clip tight enough to stop it. Digital timers have been added so that the Co2 comes on and off 30mins b4 the lights. Now have to play with the outlet of the filter so that I get the Co2'd water all throughout the tank.

Not updated in a while.. Tho I must admit there isn't much to report... I have removed the bio balls from the reactor and added a spray bar to help the flow of CO2 rich water.

I am planning to put a pin in this scape and admit defeat... Looking to go with a Iwagumi inspired scape next. I'm hoping that the lake of flow hindering wood and the fact I have everything I need for a complete and proper High Tech setup will help me this next time round.

Bobtastic said:
Not updated in a while.. Tho I must admit there isn't much to report... I have removed the bio balls from the reactor and added a spray bar to help the flow of CO2 rich water.

I am planning to put a pin in this scape and admit defeat... Looking to go with a Iwagumi inspired scape next. I'm hoping that the lake of flow hindering wood and the fact I have everything I need for a complete and proper High Tech setup will help me this next time round.

If you admit defeat, At least you have learnt the hard way just like us all. Apart from the odd person who just gets lucky. Your next effort will be grand im sure! :D

Thanks Chilled! Trial by water it shall be! (said in an Eddie Izzard stylie)

I feel that I haven't invested enough in the setup (time/money), having got bought all my Co2 stuff on the fly rather than having it setup b4 starting the tanks.

I'll also have more money to investing in enough plants at the initial setup too! :D

So I'm fast approaching re-scape time!

I have acquired some rock and setup a "test scape" in a cardboard box with some cat litter as a temp/example substrate. I would really appreciate some comments good and bad or possible other directions/tweeks I could do to improve it.

Here's a link if fancy having a look. :thumbup:

Back